Mother/Daughter and Father/son book groups offer:
- Engaging book discussions
- Fun activities
- Meet new friends
- Refreshments are served
- Participating in a parent-child book group has many benefits.
- Parent-child relationships are strengthened
- Reading skills and vocabulary are enhanced
- Self-confidence is nurtured
- Life-skills are acquired as children learn to share opinions in a group setting.
Great Reads For Girls Book Group
Join us for lively discussions, activities, friendship and fun!
- For girls ages 8-12 accompanied by mom or another caring adult.
- Register at the library and borrow a copy of this month’s book.
- No younger siblings please
For the Great Reads for Girls 2017-2018 schedule click here
Books4Boys Book Group
A parent-son book group designed to encourage boys ages 8-12 to read for enjoyment.
While the group strongly encourages fathers to participate with their sons, mothers or another caring adult, are invited to participate with their boys in the following:
- Lively discussions
- Great activities
- Friendship and fun
- Yummy refreshments
- By setting the example, fathers and other adult role models can have a powerful influence on a boy’s desire to read.
Registration forms for the event and copies of the books are available at the library front desk.
For the Books4Boys 2017-2018 schedule click here
For more information, call 226-2335