Join us for lively discussions, activities, friendship and fun!
- For girls ages 8-12 accompanied by mom or another caring adult.
- No younger siblings please
- Registration forms for the event and copies of the books will be available at the library front desk about one month prior to each event (registration is required).
- No younger siblings please.
- Participating in a book club can be a rewarding experience for parents and children. Sharing quality time with each other through reading provides the opportunity for parents to develop a true bond with their children by sharing ideas about the books’ contents and messages, while providing a safe environment for children to share thoughts, fears, or problems. They also have the opportunity to hear ideas and opinions of their peers.
Great Reads for Girls 2018-2019 Schedule
A Little Princess by Frances Burnett
Thursday February 7 th at 7 p.m.
Sara, an exceptionally intelligent student at Miss Minchin’s Select Seminary for Young Ladies, is devastated when her adored, indulgent father dies. Now penniless and banished to a room in the attic, she is demeaned, abused, and forced to work as a servant. How this resourceful girl’s fortunes changes again is at the center of this story.
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
Thursday April 11 th at 7 p.m.
Zoe has perfect piano dreams. She can practically feel the keys under her flying fingers; she can hear the audience’s applause. But when Dad buys a wheezy organ instead of a piano, Zoe’s dreams hit a sour note. Yet when she enters the annual organ competition, she finds that life is full of surprises.
See some of our past book group events:
“The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” November 2018
“Esperanza Rising” September 2018
“The Year of Miss Agnes” April 2018
“A Long Way From Chicago” February 2018
“Dragon Slippers” November 2017
“The Beef Princess of Practical County” September 2017
“The Candy Shop Wars” April 2017
“The one and only Ivan” Feb. 2017
“Little House on the Prairie” Nov. 2016
“The 100 Dresses” Sept. 2016
The girls created a handmade card that they were challenged to
give to someone they appreciate.
“All Four Stars” Dessert Party Oct. 2015