Join us for lively discussions, activities, friendship and fun!
- For girls ages 8-12 accompanied by mom or another caring adult.
- No younger siblings please
- Registration forms for the event and copies of the books will be available at the library front desk about one month prior to each event (registration is required).
- No younger siblings please.
- Participating in a book club can be a rewarding experience for parents and children. Sharing quality time with each other through reading provides the opportunity for parents to develop a true bond with their children by sharing ideas about the books’ contents and messages, while providing a safe environment for children to share thoughts, fears, or problems. They also have the opportunity to hear ideas and opinions of their peers.
Great Reads for Girls 2020-2021 Schedule
This event was scheduled for Thursday April 9 th at 7 p.m. has been postponed due to the current pandemic situation. It will now be the first book in the 2020-2021 book club season.
Thursday, September 10, 7:00 PM (assuming we can “gather” by then).
Those of you who have already signed up and have the book can either check it back in now, or renew (by phone or on the website) and finish it, then check it back in. Books will be made available again for checkout mid August for those who feel they would like to re-read, or review the book before the discussion. Anyone who has not yet signed up will have the opportunity to do so in August.
It’s Raining Cupcakes by Lisa Schroeder
Twelve-year-old Isabel is dying to get out of Oregon. She spends her free time in the library, reading and dreaming about faraway places. When her mom decides to open a cupcake shop in their little town of Willow, Isabel feels just like buttercream frosting to a cupcake — stuck.
See some of our past book group events:
Absolutely Truly February 2020
Inside Out and Back Again November 2019
Because of Winn Dixie
A Crooked Kind of Perfect April 2019
A Little Princess February 2019
“The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” November 2018
“Esperanza Rising” September 2018
“The Year of Miss Agnes” April 2018
“A Long Way From Chicago” February 2018
“Dragon Slippers” November 2017
“The Beef Princess of Practical County” September 2017
“The Candy Shop Wars” April 2017
“The one and only Ivan” Feb. 2017
“Little House on the Prairie” Nov. 2016
“The 100 Dresses” Sept. 2016
The girls created a handmade card that they were challenged to
give to someone they appreciate.
“All Four Stars” Dessert Party Oct. 2015