Stop by the library and check out our wildly popular backpack PLAY-PACKS FOR KIDS.
- Each Play Pack contains children’s books and other educational items centered around a specific theme or topic such as “Time,” “Art,” “Reptiles,” etc.
- They are available for loan for a 1 week period. We currently have approximately 30 backpacks in our collection and are adding more weekly.
- Check in often as they are “flying off the backpack hooks!”
Join pharmacist Ed Snell at the library Wednesday, Feb 10 at 7 p.m. for a discussion on the interplay of traditional western medicine with holistic and functional medicine.
- The lecture will highlight the topic: “What you must know if are taking medications for heartburn, cholesterol or diabetes.”
- Ed Snell is the owner of Ed Snell’s Pharmacy Shop in Pocatello. He is a Pharmacist and board certified Clinical Nutritionist. Additionally, Ed has post graduate training in lifestyle behavior and functional medicine.
Join us Thursday, January 21st at 7 p.m. as Dr. Stephen Sylvester engages his audience in a lively discussion about the reality and significance of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Dr. Sylvester begins with a slideshow, then demonstrates flintlock rifles and tomahawks, shows beaver hides and shares elk jerky. He has taught about the American West around the world and encourages direct and active participation in his demonstration and discussion. This event is open and free to the public.
This program is sponsored by the American Falls Library “Friends of the Library” and the Idaho Humanities Council.
Thursday, January 14th at 7 p.m.
- Zentangling is an easy-to-learn, relaxing and fun method to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO HAVE ARTISTIC ABILITY to create beautiful images and receive the benefits of Zentangling.
- It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well-being.
- Special guest instructor Summer Fullmer will teach you how to create amazing images.
- The class is free, no registration is required. All supplies will be provided.
Welcome to the newly launched American Falls District Library website! Thanks for stopping by; feel free to browse around and see what’s new!
This website is currently under construction. Please pardon our dust as we work to ensure your future satisfaction!