Congratulations to our 2018 Extreme Book Nerd Hoodie recipients!!!
Pictured from left to right: Katie Bischoff, Taylie Boyer, Tyson Kress and Madison Jones. Not pictured, Brinkley Boyer, Nathanael Lovelace and Eryn Parrish.
There is still time for teens (ages 12-18) to join the 2019 challenge, which is to READ 24 books by January 31, 2020. Drop by the Library soon to register and get a reading log.
Extreme Book Nerd Challenge 2019…a year long reading challenge for teens.
Teen Extreme Book Nerd Challenge runs from February 1, 2019 through January 31, 2020
Registration is required by October 31
- This Challenge is to read 26 books in 1 year. One book per category, one category per book.
- Registration is limited to teens, ages 12-18. If you are 11 turning 12 by the end of the challenge, you are eligible to participate. You must register at the library front desk to receive a rule sheet and reading log. Registration will be open through October 31st.
- Your book log MUST be turned in on or before January 31, 2020. If it is late it will NOT
- Books you read for other programs, like summer reading, can count for the extreme book nerd as long as the books read will fit into the challenge categories. Books must be over 100 pages.
- This year we will be having quarterly drawings (April 30th, July 31st, October 31st and January 31st 2020) for teens who would like to make a recommendation of a book they have read for a certain category. To receive a ticket for the drawing come to the library and pick up a form at the front desk. Fill out the form and return it to the library staff. The form will be displayed in the teen section for all to see. Prizes will vary.
- ALL BOOK LOGS WILL BE REVIEWED AT THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. So, that means if you have ANY QUESTIONS at all about a book fitting into a specific category please ask. We do not want you to get disqualified for not reading a book that fits. Feel free to email me, Julie, at email@example.com or ask any of the librarians.
“Extreme Book Nerd Challenge 2017” hoodie winners
Katie Bischoff, Addie Wilson, Brinkley Boyer, Taylor Wilson, and Kaitlyn Crump
Not pictured, Emilee Krein and Eryn Parrish.
There is still time for teens (ages 12-18) to join the 2018 challenge, which is to READ 24 books in 12 months. All who register by March 31st and successfully complete the challenge by January 31, 2019 will receive an Extreme Book Nerd Hoodie.
2018 Teen Extreme Book Nerd Challenge
A yearlong teen challenge that begins with a kickoff open house on Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 10:00-11:00 AM in the community room. Drop by to register and get details on the program. Muffins and juice will be served. Hoodies will be awarded to those who completed the 2017 challenge (and turned in journals by Jan 31st).
Teen Extreme Book Nerd Challenge runs from February 10, 2018 through January 31, 2019
Registration is required by March 31
Here are the Rules for this challenge:
- This challenge is for Teens, ages 12-18. If you are 11, turning 12, before the end of this year, you are eligible to participate.
- One book per category, one category per book, for a total of 24 books.
- Finish and report by January 31, 2019 to earn a Teen Book Nerd Hoodie!
- This year we are NOT providing notebooks for your reading log. You may record the books you read in a notebook, spreadsheet, piece of notebook paper or whatever you want. Please include book title, author, number of pages and date completed.
- Books you read for other programs (Teen Summer Reading, book clubs, etc.) can also be counted for Extreme Book Nerd as long as they fit in one of the categories.
- You can read books on your electronic devices, but audio books do not count.
- Your completed log MUST be turned into the library on or before January 31, 2019. If you turn it in late, you will not receive a hoodie.
American Falls Library’s 2018
2018 Teen Extreme Book Nerd Challenge Categories
Each book you read for the challenge must match one of these categories.
- A book you’ve been meaning to read
- A mystery
- A book with a verb in the title
- A book set in Europe
- A book written by an author you’ve never read before
- A book that makes you happy
- A book published before you were born
- A book that intimidates you
- A book with a relation in the title
- A book with an ugly cover
- An author’s debut novel
- A book with a U.S. president
- A book translated from another language
- A book from a library display
- A book by a British author
- A nonfiction book
- A book with a color in the title
- A book you own but have never read
- A book with magic
- A book that became a movie
- A book with a day or a date in the title
- A book off the bottom shelf of the library
- A book you love – read it again
- A book by an author who’s last name ends in a vowel
- A book recommended by someone you just met
- A book you can finish in one day
- A book published this year
- A book set in New England
- A book with the word dog, or type of dog, in the title,
- A history book