2019 participants must turn in reading logs by January 31, 2020, to receive a Hoodie!
Registration for the 2020 Book Nerd Challenge will start on February 1st, so come in to sign up, check out some great books, and get reading!!!
Teen Extreme Book Nerd Challenge runs from February 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021
Registration is required by October 31
- This Challenge is to read 28 books in 1 year. One book per category, one category per book.
- Registration is limited to teens, ages 12-18. If you are 11 turning 12 by the end of the challenge, you are eligible to participate. You must register at the library front desk to receive a rule sheet and reading log. Registration will be open through October 31st.
- Your book log MUST be turned in on or before January 31, 2021. If it is late it will NOT receive a prize!
- Books you read for other programs, like summer reading, can count for the extreme book nerd as long as the books read will fit into the challenge categories. Books must be over 100 pages.
- ALL BOOK LOGS WILL BE REVIEWED AT THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. So, that means if you have ANY QUESTIONS at all about a book fitting into a specific category please ask. We do not want you to get disqualified for not reading a book that fits. Feel free to email me, Julie, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any of the librarians.
Congratulations to our past Extreme Book Nerd Hoodie recipients!!!
Pictured from left to right: Katie Bischoff, Taylie Boyer, Tyson Kress and Madison Jones. Not pictured, Brinkley Boyer, Nathanael Lovelace and Eryn Parrish.
Katie Bischoff, Addie Wilson, Brinkley Boyer, Taylor Wilson, and Kaitlyn Crump
Not pictured, Emilee Krein and Eryn Parrish.